The Three Rivers Health Center clinic began in 1993 in a small rented office on Main Street. The Cherokee Nation Women Infant and Children’s (WIC) Program and Public Health Nursing provided immunizations and well-child checks. Additional services were added and a building close to Muskogee Regional Hospital was leased in 1997.
In August 2002, the clinic was moved to a third location. At that time, the staff included a full-time physician, a full-time Family Nurse Practitioner, a part-time pediatrician and supporting staff. In spite of slightly more available space the clinic’s focus remained limited to women and children’s health care.
Sensing the need for a broader scope of services and to reduce the burden of outpatient services at the W.W. Hastings Hospital, the tribe entered into a Joint venture Program with the Indian Health Service to construct a facility with the appropriate size and scope of services for its service population. The Joint Venture Construction Program allowed the Cherokee Nation to receive dollars for staffing and operations. The Three Rivers Health Center is the largest center in the Cherokee Nation system.Scope of Service:
Medical, pediatrics, podiatry, dental, optometry, physical therapy, pharmacy with mail order service, laboratory, radiology, nutritional services, mammography, public health nursing, women infants and children (WIC), health promotion and disease prevention, contract care, behavioral health, rheumatology and translation services in the Cherokee language. The clinic offers specialty clinics for diabetic and dermatology care. In addition, there are plans to add genetics services in the near future.
1001 S 41st Street East
Muskogee, OK 74403