- Fill out and turn in the NSUOCO Application
- Register and Apply on ORMatch
- Send in the following supplemental documentation:
- Statement of interest/cover letter discussing
- Why you are interested in pursuing a residency
- What you hope to gain from a residency
- What your plans are after you complete a residency
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Education (institution, dates, major, degree or pending degree, and grade point average)
- List of Honors, Awards
- Professional Memberships
- Research Projects and Publication
- Special Presentations, Seminars and Teaching Experience
- Community Service
- Other Professional Experiences
- Three letters of recommendation. These letters should be from individuals who can assess your clinical performance, scholastic abilities and/or teaching and research potential. Recommendation letters may be emailed or mailed by post, but must be signed and be on letterhead
- An official copy of your optometry school transcripts sent directly from the school.
- Please provide an unofficial copy of your current NBEO scores. ORMatch will send an official copy on your behalf. Successful completion of Parts I, II, III and TMOD of NBEO examinations is required to enter all NSUOCO affiliated residencies.
All application information should be sent to Pam Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Director of Residencies, Dr. Tara Brown (email@example.com) via email or mail to:
Northeastern State University Oklahoma College of Optometry
ATTN: Pam Jackson or Dr. Tara Brown
1001 North Grand Avenue
Tahlequah, OK 74464-7017
As application materials are received by the school, they will be forwarded to the site the applicant is applying at.
- Arrange an interview. Each applicant is strongly encouraged to arrange an interview at the residency site to which they are applying. This allows the applicant to become more familiar with the residency site and the residency supervisor to become familiar with the applicant. NSUOCO interviews for Family Practice, Cornea and Contact Lens, and Vision Rehabilitation residencies will be done on the following dates only: December 17, 2018; January 21, 2019; or February 23, 2019.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact either Pam Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org
) or the Director of Residencies, Dr.Tara Brown (email@example.com